Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just Keep Swimming

So I'm teaching kids how to swim. Shouldn't be too hard, right? You wouldn't think so, but my three year-old class is a nightmare, and there are only four of them. One won't get into the normal pool without screaming and being held, and another only wants to sit in the corner (literally) and play by himself. The two girls are really good, except one of them almost drowned in the baby pool. I guess I should expect that to happen with kids who are learning to swim.

It's really not all that bad, though. I have a student that's five or six, and he is very intelligent. He was talking about the water levels changing and stuff like that, and he sounds like an adult. I like him. I have another girl that's four that always says "Towie, wook at dis!" "Towie..." It's cute. And another girl, five years old, calls me teacher and tells me thank you after every lesson. The kids really grow to trust their teacher, and I like that. It's a lot of fun.

Lifeguarding is a lot of fun, too! I just started last week. My shoulders are now sunburned, but there's one girl who's a lot worse. I like my job. Everyone is pretty cool, and the job itself is entertaining. So far I haven't had to jump in the water, but if I do I'll let you know! I hope it doesn't happen for a while. :) Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment