Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Job Hunting

My job at the pool hasn't been too great. They're keeping my hours really low, and half the time when I go in to work there's lightening, so we have to close down and I don't get to work. My main source of hours has been teaching lessons (which I'm not a huge fan of), but this current session I didn't even get that. Next week I teach two hours a day of private lessons. Gross. No one likes to give private lessons. Because of this course of events, I have decided that I need a new job. I absolutely LOVE lifeguarding, but if needs be I'll quit. I'm hoping I can do both and get in a lot of hours. I have a great dad who has helped me look for stuff, so through him and some other means I've found a few jobs I can apply for. The hardest thing for me is actually applying, because then I might actually have to decide if I want the job or not. It's now coming to the point that I don't have a choice. I need to take what I can get. Thank goodness for SuperDad!

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. I know how you feel. =\ My hours were cut a little and my manager a little upset at me, but now (next week) I work Monday through Saturday. Crazy! Maybe have a talk with your manager? Ask for some more hours? Look for another Lifegaurding job? I know there are tons out here. There are so many pools without lifegaurds over here it's rediculous. Applying sucks, but once it's over you just have to wait... and wait... *hugs* Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete