Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Status is Not Quo

Dr. Horrible party = lots of fun. We even had a few Dr. Horrible newbies in the crowd who have now become converted, and that was the goal. We also had a projector, and that makes everything better! I think later my taco friend and I are going to watch Dollhouse with it. Very awesome.

So last night I was just driving along, minding my own business, just after picking up a friend for Dr. Horrible, when suddenly, SUDDENLY the breaks stopped working! No lie. The worked one second, and the next they didn't. I was putting my foot on the pedal and there was no resistance. My first thought was if maybe I was pushing the gas instead of the break, but I checked and my foot was definitely on the break. It's amazing how quickly you can do things with all that adrenaline. I ended up shifting down to stop for the rest of the way home since I was close and shifting down worked. This morning we found out that the break fluid was all gone, so hopefully that's the only problem. But the whole experience FREAKED ME OUT. Here's the moral of the story, kids. Let your poor friends miss out if they have to, but never, never go to pick them up. It causes all sorts of problems.

1 comment:

  1. I so hope you are okay!!! That's so scary! Heaven forbid you get into an accident! Glad that the Lord watches over my friends! ^_^ Love you girl can't wait to see you! I've started counting days...

    ReplyDelete