Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Am a Terrible Person

Spoiler alert: This post is about dating, so some readers may wish to stop reading now.

I'm dating someone, and I am having a blast. Things are going really well and just the way I like it. He's a great guy.

Here's where the terrible part comes in. I'm not so good at telling other interested guys that I'm dating someone (Not that they're rampant, but that's beside the point. Although dictionary.com defines rampant as "growing luxuriantly, as weeds." Funny). Take today, for example. One of my guyfriends just recently moved up to the area where I live. Today we were facebook chatting, and he asked if he could come over. Now, I know that he's interested, so I didn't want to have that happen, but he hasn't said right out that he's interested, so I felt awkward about telling him that I'm dating someone. Doing that kind of thing makes me feel like I sound like an arrogant girl who thinks every man is falling at her feet (thank you for that, Christian). I told him I was hanging out with my girls, which is true. Now, my question is, how do I better handle that situation? I am not in the least ashamed to be dating this someone, and I'm definitely okay with people knowing. I'm just not so good about dealing with stuff like this. Help! Even if you're secretly following my blog, please feel free to comment. I know you're there, and I need your opinion.

Now, if that last statement didn't make me sound conceded, I don't know what will.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's pretty scary how similar we are... You need to tell them you are not single and you are dating someone. It hurts, but they will get over it and will be fine. I know it's tempting having every guy at your whim and will, but to use them for that, by betraying their trust, you've not only lost an option, but a friend. Come the day when you are single, if you have betrayed their trust once, how can they not know you won't do it again to them and aren't just leading them on? Not boasting to other guys that you are dating someone is fine, but at least acknowledge that you do adore someone over everyone else. Don't lie or beat around the bush. From personal experience it doesn't work, they will figure it out. If it's not someone that you are comfortable with being together with publicly, then stay single, date, and have fun until you find that one person that you only want to date and no one else really appeals to you. (it may seem far fetched, but he will come) I found that person, ruined it and lost it. Didn't know what I had until it was just about gone due to lack of communication and a huge misunderstanding. If you are true to all of the guys you are "hanging out with", come when you are single again, they will find out you are single, search for you, and try again. It helps if you get a large group together to have fun with, and don't over do it, but show a little PDA to let them know that you are taken. They will back off, but I'm sure if you call them and ask them as a friend if they want to go get some ice cream, they'd say yes. Just make sure your boyfriend knows before you go. :) Love you girl. Don't get yourself into this mess, you will regret it and it will eat you up inside. Trust is a hard thing to get back, even if you don't think you will ever see the person again. You never know. I miss you lots and love you more.

    ReplyDelete