Monday, August 3, 2009

110 Degrees

Over the weekend I went with Arden down to St. George for a wedding. We left right after I was done with work on Friday. We drove (well, he drove and I slept) all the way down until we got to In 'N' Out, and we had to stop since there isn't one around here. So good! The other people we knew weren't going to be there for a while, so we went on a self-guided tour of the city. It's really cool. The last time I was there I was in the canyon for hiking, and the time before that I was too young to remember what's there. It's a pretty place.

The next morning was the wedding. I waited outside the temple with a couple of friends and got to know them a lot better. It was hot, but a beautiful day. The sky was clear and blue and everything was green. I hung out while they took pictures, then we went to the luncheon. So much fun! I love our buddies. The night before no one got very much sleep, so we crashed on the couches that they had there until we were kicked out. Then we got to make the drive to (drum roll please)... Nevada! It was so hot. I was glad that the reception was indoor. We all played games, blew bubbles and watched (or participated in ;) ) a great dance, and then decided it was time to go. There were five of us that had to drive all the way back home, and it was late. Arden and I were in the same car, so we talked the whole way home and we both stayed awake! I was so glad.

I started teaching private lessons again today. One of the lessons is for two boys that I taught three or four weeks ago, and their mom requested me again because I knew what there goals were and how they swim, so it cut out a lot of evaluation time. My next lesson is for two sisters who swim well and just need to work on technique. My next lesson was a no-show, so I don't know how that one will be, but it was nice to have a break today. The last one I teach is for a boy who has mild to moderate hearing loss. I think that's why his mom put him in private lessons, but I think he could benefit from being in a class setting. I'll work with him and do my best, though. I want to have him swimming on his own by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment